Het Gelders Orkest & Orkest van het Oosten have a vacancy for the following position:
Tutti Bassoon | Enschede – 80%
March 19, 2020 (NB: the date has been changed)
Zupthen Hanzehof, The Netherlands (NB: location has been changed)
February 14, 2020 (NB: the date has been changed)
W.A. Mozart - Bassoon Concerto, 1st movement exposition and 2nd movement incl. cadenza
H. Berlioz – Symphonie Fantastique, movement 4 and 5
G. Bizet – Carmen, intermezzo
J. Brahms - Haydn variations, nos 2 and 5
J. Brahms – Violin concerto, movement 2
W.A. Mozart - Nozze di Figaro, Overture
B. Smetana – Bartered Bride, Overture
I. Strawinsky – Firebird, Berceuse
P.I. Tchaikovsky – Symphony no. 6 movement 4
R. Wagner - Tannhauser Overture, bars 1-16
How to apply
Before 14 December 2019 by filling out the applicationform
Terms of employments
- The contract is initially for a probationary period (2x a year), becoming a permanent position if both parties are in agreement.
- Contract: 80%;
- The Dutch Orchestras' Collective Labour Agreement is applicable;
- The position is based in Enschede, but the candidate is willing and able to work in Enschede and Arnhem.
- An audition is held to assess if the candidate has the required artistic qualities to be considered for the position. Secondly, an interview takes place in which the candidate’s affinity with the orchestra, his/her skills and qualities will be discussed. Pre-selection can be made bases on the application forms.
- Applicants should be either EU citizens of in possession of unrestricted Dutch work and residence permits;
- Starting date: season 2019/2020.
Further enquiries contact Marij van der Meij: Marij.vanderMeij@hgo-ovho.nl
. For further information regarding terms of the contract please contact Angela de Jong: Angela.deJong@hgo-ovho.nl
Het Gelders Orkest & Het Orkest van het Oosten
The Gelders Orkest & Het Orkest van het Oosten are both high-quality symphony orchestras with a long history of existence and an excellent reputation and based in Arnhem and Enschede. After a period of intensive collaboration, both orchestras form one organization from 1 September 2019. From the Arnhem and Enschede locations, the orchestras provide live symphonic music in Gelderland, Overijssel and beyond. Because people want to get involved with classical music as much as possible, in addition to symphonic concerts, a surprising range of alternative musical encounters and adventurous crossovers are also organized in the form of children's concerts, educational and amateur projects, films and workshops.